Breezy Brighton Backgammon

Brighton Breezy Open

 

The Old Ship Hotel

 

The BIBA event usually run by Michael Crane was unfortunately cancelled as many will already be aware. I have however have been asked by a number of players to organising something in its place and after consultation with Michael have agreed to run an event on that weekend.

The event was going to be limited to 48 players but is now open to all.

I am delighted to announce that the event will now be held at The Old Ship Hotel and have arranged for discounted room rates

1 Night @ £100   ]    Double occupancy

2 Nights @ 160   ]   £10 per night extra

3 Nights @ £225  ]   Tel: 01273 329001

Format and Schedule

Friday 14th January 2022

 

Will be around all day with fun side events if you get here early.

Hopefully everyone will have registered and paid up beforehand, registration shuts at 6pm.

Warm-up starts at 7 pm, will be a 5/6 round (Swiss with 2 lives) 5 point matches. Four rounds to be played in the evening and any further rounds over the rest of the weekend.

The undefeated player will win 60% with the remaining 40% shared between those on 1 loss or lucky Bye.

Super Jackpot  to commence at same time, 11 point matches entry fee to be agreed with possible side pools. probably 8 players, maybe 16 to be confirmed. 70/30

Saturday 15th January 2022

 

Starting playing at 11 am will be a 5 round (Swiss with 3 lives) 7 point matches. 4 wins auto qualify, 3 wins (draw / playoffs) for last 16.

All players will secretly choose one of two options before tournament starts to deal with playoffs, either name drawn from hat or 3 point playoffs. Even number will be taken from each choice. 

Enjoy the rest of the day doing what you want or;

Evening @ 8.30 pm Consultation Doubles 5 point matches hopefully 3 rounds played in evening with any further round played Sunday.

Sunday 16th January 2022

 

10.30 am start last 16 knockout 9 point early rounds with 11 point Final

First / Second round losers will join in the Last chance.

11.00 am start consolation 5 point matches with 7 point final.

2.00 pm Start of Last chance for all those out of main and Consolation by start time. Spaces may be allocated for completing matches only.

Hopefully all matches will be completed by 6 pm but could go on till later.

 

Sponsors

 

Rybka

Located centrally in the south Laines of Brighton.

https://www.rybka.fish/

Entry Fees and payout

 

Registration Fee – £40*

 

*£10 discount offered on registration for Brighton Summer Open 2022 in August if attending both events.

Entry

 

Warm up Entry £10 with optional side pools £10, £25, £50

Super Jackpot if enough interest for a draw of (5% rake on entry)

Main Swiss Entry £25 with optional side pools £10, £25, £50 and £100

You may enter either One or Two (adjacent) side pools only.

Consultation Doubles £20 per team with optional side pool £20

Consolation Knockout. Free entry if in main event / One day visitors £20 Entry plus £10 Registration. With Side pools £10 and £25

Last Chance Knockout. Free entry for those out of other events. Side pool £10

Main entry fee split:

80% main (45% Winner, 20% Finalist 7.5% Semis)

13% Consolation (8% Winner 5% Finalist)

7% last chance (5% Winner 2% Finalist)

Side pools

paid out 70/30% to those progressing furthest in events.

Win a board

 

There will be a sponsored board to win during the main event for anyone that wants to enter an additional £5 board pool. The player to progress furthest in the event who enters the pool will win a Gunduz board from Turkey.

There will be a few additional prizes in a raffle draw for those that enter this pool.